On behalf of our Client, a provider of distribution, warehousing, re-work and quality services, Canadian Executive Search Group is seeking full-time Material Handler.
ONLY APPLY IF AVAILABLE FULL TIME AND LEGALLY ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN CANADA.
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Start Date: Immediately
Shifts: Fulltime, Days and Afternoons rotation and/or straight Midnights
Must be available to work a 2-week rotating schedule! *Saturdays are mandatory.
Wage: $19.00/hour+ 4% vacation pay
Why should I work here?
- Steady shifts
- Clear shift rotation schedule
- Weekly pay
- Safe and productive work environment
|· Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalency preferred
· Candidate must be able to understand and practise Kanban and FIFO methods
· No criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted
· Pass company medical
· Valid Fork Lift License Required
|· Safely material handle product to proper locations
· Check against orders for quality, order accuracy and labeling
· Ensure that trucks are properly loaded / unloaded to avoid damage to goods / trailer
· Assist in cycle counts as required
· Assist with returnable tote sorting as required.
· Ensures that safety procedures are followed and products are safely handled
· Participate in daily Preventative Maintenance for assigned forklift
· Demonstrate strong communication skills both written and verbal
· Participate in 5S procedures for respective work areas
· Adherence of all Health and Safety Rules and regulations
· Must possess the computer skills required to enter or retrieve information and create reports
· Participate in re-training requirements required as per CSA B335-04 Safety Standards
· Perform other shipping, maintenance, and general plant duties as required
|· Safe operation of a forklift to the accepted guidelines as per CSA Safety Standards
· Daily Preventative Maintenance procedures for forklift(s) adhered to
|· May be required to repeatedly lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs unassisted
· May be required to lift between 50-75 lbs assisted
· Frequent use of hands, lifting, bending, stooping, twisting, standing and reaching may occur
· There may be some stepping up, stepping down and carrying
|· Warehouse related
· CSA approved safety shoes
· CSA approved reflective safety vest
· Hazards (physical, biological, chemical, musculoskeletal, psychosocial and safety) and PPE as identified by Company policies, procedures and practices
· Office hazards minimal
· Lift Truck Traffic
$50 REFERRAL BONUS! Refer a friend!
Want to Apply?
We are proud to support the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to ensuring the workplace is free from discrimination. During our hiring process, we will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected job applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the individual and provide or arrange for the appropriate accommodation taking into account the applicant’s disability-related needs.