CES/AWS has an immediate opening for a Metal Finisher in Columbia, TN
- Location: Columbia, TN
- Schedule: 2nd shift
- Salary: $18+ (depending on experience)
- Temp to Hire position
Using hand and power tools, a metal finisher removes dents, scratches, and defects from metal surfaces. As a metal finisher, your job duties include grinding, sanding, and filling uneven surfaces, polishing and coating metal, and etching decorative details.
- Grinds, files, or sands surfaces of metal items using hand tools, power tools, and knowledge of metal finishing techniques.
- Examines and feels surface of metal to detect defects, like dents, scratches, or breaks in metal.
- Removes dents, using hammer dolly block and fills uneven surface with molten solder.
- Smooths surface of item to specified finish, using hand tools powered tools.
- May polish metal surfaces, using a powered polishing wheel or belt
- Mount’s workpiece in holding device, manually or using a hoist.
- Verifies dimensions of finished workpiece, using measuring devices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Comply with plant safety procedures to ensure a safe environment.
- Account for time and work completed via the online computer data collection system.
Experience and Background:
- Demonstrate competency in basic shop math.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and other shop drawing aids.
- Flexible and responsive, with a strong teamwork orientation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to learn new skills and improve technical knowledge.
- Commitment to quality and accuracy of work performed and continuous improvement.
- Ability to carry out written, oral, or diagram instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and to participate in a cross-functional team.
Those interested are encouraged to send resumes directly to [email protected]