CES is seeking an experienced Packaging engineer for a Indianapolis client
The Packaging Engineer identifies packaging quality issues and plans improvement processes cross-functionally with Plant Engineering, Purchasing, Operations and QA. Provides Packaging support towards The companies innovation initiatives. Position drives continuous improvement in line across all manufacturing work stations. This role is critical in keeping our manufacturing teams supplied with highest quality, best in class material/design at the lowest cost while driving efficiencies and value through our advantaged relationships. Assures organizational objectives are met at the highest quality consistent with company and customer cost expectations.
- Work with Operations, Quality Assurance, Purchasing and Marketing teams to continuously improve the packaging specifications system.
- Identify and implement improvements in design for existing materials to drive line efficiencies.
- Identify and implement improvements in design for existing materials to drive out costs.
- Effectively manages handoff from successful plant trials of new products while working closely with Manufacturing, QA and Engineering to ensure efficient commercialization.
- Communicate with packaging materials vendors on various key points of service, and ensuring compliance with accepted specifications and continuous improvement.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of how packaging interacts with filling, forming and casing equipment across all factory work stations.
- Analyze drawings and other technical data to determine appropriate attributes of packaging materials to meet customer specifications and production capabilities.
- Contribute towards innovative ideas leading to improved packaging technologies, and solving consumer application-related challenges.
- Work with the Director of Purchasing on cost savings and synergy improvement programs such as alternative vendors, and packaging material opportunities.
- Help manage end-of-life (EOL) activities with Purchasing, Operations and Commercialization to run out discontinued packaging.
- BA degree in Management, Business, Packaging, Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years progressively increasing responsibility in Packaging and Purchasing
- Extensive experience in the Food Processing industry working with consumer-packaged goods
- Working knowledge of packaging related manufacturing processes including, but not limited to, printing, die-cutting, thermoforming, injection and extrusion blow molding
- Strong knowledge of packaging materials (corrugated, paperboard, ridged plastics, flexible pouches), and characteristics for packaging structural design
- Experience with TOPS/CAPE pallet building software
- Lean Six Sigma experience desired
To apply: Please send your resume to [email protected]