CES is seeking an experienced Production Planner for an Indianapolis client
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain a rolling 6-month master production plan, including rolling 4-week plan, and a firm two-week production schedule at the right time and in the right quantity to meet customer orders, inventory targets, plant level loading, and on-time delivery goals.
- Manage all finished goods inventory levels. Maintenance and setup of safety stocking policy for finished goods based on 100% service level requirement.
- Perform demand/supply analysis to highlight areas of concern for the next 6 months.
- Work directly with production and sales teams to ensure MPS is being met, and to evaluate feasibility of the future plan.
- Collaboration with sales, Customer Service and Demand Planning on a weekly basis to ensure customer ship dates and expectations are in line with current and future MP.
- Determine the effect that material availability will have on the plan and recommend actions for improving.
- Perform ad hoc root cause analysis for any order fill rate below 100%, define countermeasures for each and suggest shift structure changes as needed.
- Review BOM’s and ensure rates/ run times / scrap and quantity to use are set properly
- Support the SIOP process and report on future production, capacity/labor constraints, and schedule adherence KPI’s
- Monitor production output vs. the MPS. Identify gaps and drive solutions on how to improve.
- Work directly with operations to ensure the tactical schedule is being met, and to evaluate feasibility of the future plan.
- Responsible to participate in finished good and material shortage review process to mitigate possible impacts and convey sense of urgency to maximize complete and on-time order fulfillment.
- Manage material transfer requests from Distribution Center to Production Plant to support schedule requirements.
- Coordinates new item launches, finished good transitions, and end of life process to minimize E&O risk while supporting commercialization initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of master planning, primarily in the CPG industry
- Experience in managing manufacturing processes, productivity and efficiency metrics
- Understanding of ERP/MRP software and processes. (i.e. SYSPRO, SAP, JDE, Oracle)
- APICS Certification preferred
- Must work well in a team environment and have strong communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and advanced MS Excel
- Able to work with minimal oversight
- Deadline focused
Please send your resumes to [email protected] to apply today