On behalf of our Client, a multi-faceted supplier of quality interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry, Canadian Executive Search Group is seeking full-time Production Supervisor.
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Whitby, ON
Shift: Overnight Shift (10:45pm-6:45am)
Wage: $25.00/hr – $28.00/hr
- Schedule staffing to ensure all production build schedules are met while providing a quality product with prompt delivery and a safe work environment.
- Ensure that chronological order (FIFO) is adhered to unless circumstances dictate that the release date is overridden to comply with various customer needs.
- Maintain communication channels with Plant Management staff to ensure efficient daily operations while enforcing current attendance policy and disciplinary action program.
- Provide support to production team and address areas of concern/problem.
- Adhere to the IATF16949 requirements by ensuring that the production floor is operating efficiently based on current work instructions and procedures to carry out manufacturing activities.
- Ensure all work in process is properly tagged in accordance with procedures and instructions.
- Ensure equipment is functioning properly and inform the proper personnel for troubleshooting equipment failures.
- Ensure that the OHSA and internal safe operating principles are in place and adhered to. Comply with provisions of the OHSA Regulations and take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of the employees. Ensure employees are acquainted with and aware of the hazards present in the workplace and provide information, instruction and properly supervise employees.
- Direct employee work activities to comply with Environmental Programs, including Hazardous Waste and Air Emissions Compliance, and Environmental Management Systems Conformance.
- Be visible on the floor and follow all health and safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance from your team.
- Ensure nonconforming products are handled appropriately and assist in root causing issues to prevent reoccurrence.
- Oversee product handling to ensure products are properly handled to prevent damage and are stored in designated areas.
- Other duties or task may be assigned.
- One to three years of experience as a production lead or supervisor in a manufacturing/production environment. Automotive manufacturing background is a plus.
- Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent is required.
- Familiarity with IATF16949 ISO 14001 Requirements and OHSA Requirements is preferred but will train.
- Must be able to provide support on production floor and be visible.
- Must be team oriented and have excellent communication, organizational, and strong computer skills.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
Earn $50.00 when you refer a friend! Note: Referred candidates must work for four (4) weeks before referrers get their incentive.
We are proud to support the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to ensuring the workplace is free from discrimination. During our hiring process, we will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected job applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the individual and provide or arrange for the appropriate accommodation taking into account the applicant’s disability-related needs.