CES has a client in Chatham that is looking for a Manufacturing Technician
This position pays between $15.50 and $17.00/hr
**preference will be given to the applicants with a solid work history**
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Sand, trim, scrape, deburr clean or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare
surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
– Knowledge of safe operation of general hand and air tools.
– Knowledge of safe general operations of machinery and equipment.
– Measure and mark objects or parts to ensure sanding and polishing standards are met.
– Verify quality of finished products by inspecting, comparing to templates and/or measuring
dimensions, for high quality, clear and consistent finished result.
– Perform basic preventative maintenance on equipment and machinery, as needed.
– Document and report defects, errors and discrepancies for repair.
– Material management (i.e., documentation of products or materials low or missing).
– Work in compliance with all administrative and health and safety policies and procedures, as
per legislative requirements and as outlined in Company policies.
– Assist in other departments as required.
– Ability to work in a quality, results driven and fast paced work environment.
– Ability to work in hot and humid and cold work environments.
– Physically demanding tasks (i.e., lifting, bending and standing for long periods of time).
– Ability to work extended hours or weekends when required to meet production demands.
– Participate in compulsory training as deemed necessary for the role.
– CSA steel toed construction grade safety shoes in production area.
– Means of daily/reliable transportation.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
– Minimum high school diploma or equivalent experience.
– Strong mathematical knowledge.
– Ability to read and take accurate measurements and finish materials to a high level of quality
Please apply in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to call our office 519-355-1200 and ask for Erin