On behalf of our Client, a multi-faceted supplier of quality interior and exterior accessory components for the automotive industry, Canadian Executive Search Group is seeking full-time Quality Assurance Coordinator.
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Whitby, ON
Shift: Full-time! Days/Afternoons rotation and/or Straight Midnights
- Must have experience in a production-oriented environment.
- Grade 12 education preferred, further education a definite asset.
- Familiarity with TS 16949/ISO 14001 requirements with emphasis on those relating to inspections, non-conforming goods, and product identification/traceability preferred.
- Blueprint reading knowledge required.
- Must be team oriented and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills a definite asset.
- Must have and maintain an appropriate and valid Ontario Driver’s license.
- Perform audits on products received, in process or finished to established quality requirements and document on appropriate check sheets.
- Detailed duties include:
- Performance and documentation of 1st Off inspections per/on established in process check sheet.
- Sign off on employee job sheets indicating 1st Off approval.
- Performance and documentation of in process inspections per guidelines as listed on final inspection check sheets.
- Ensuring that all quality records generated as a result of the above actions are completed legibly and field away or routed to the appropriate location
- Ensure that nonconforming product is handled as per the Nonconforming Material Procedure.
- Detailed duties include:
- Ensure that processes producing nonconforming product are stopped until such time as the process is investigated and resolved by the appropriate personnel.
- Ensure that all nonconforming product is identified with a Hold for Inspection tag, segregated from conforming product and logged in the appropriate Material System.
- Assist with the dispositioning of Nonconforming product including the carrying out of actions relating to dispositioning matters as necessary.
- Issuance and communication of Quality Alerts to the floor for the purposes of a rework instruction and/or heightened awareness.
- Ensuring that sort sheets are issued to the floor and completed when directed to do so, submission of these on a daily basis to QA Manager or Assistant.
- Submission of weekly reports of subcontractor nonconformance to QA Mgr. or designated as required.
- Completion of all training activities per the Quality Assurance Coordinator Checklist when directed to do so. Assist with training activities of floor personnel when these relate to Quality initiatives/requirements.
- Daily completion and submission of Daily Report to QA Mgr., Assistant QA Mgr., and others as required.
- Assisting with the implementation of and ensuring compliance to Quality initiatives released to the floor via continuous improvement, Corrective Actions, Preventative Actions etc..
- Assist with the identification of Continuous Improvement opportunities as well as with necessary corrections to current practices and/or documentation.
- Assist with product development, trial run and PPAP initiatives as specified by QAM.
- Maintain communications with Shift Supervisor on product quality conditions and employee quality performance.
- General duties as required:
- Assist in the development of documents including work instructions/procedures/forms.
- Perform administrative functions as required: ie. inputting of information into appropriate Quality software.
- Attend and provide input into TS 16949/Quality meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager or Assistance Quality Manager.
$50 REFERRAL BONUS! Refer a friend!
Want to Apply?
We are proud to support the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to ensuring the workplace is free from discrimination. During our hiring process, we will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected job applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the individual and provide or arrange for the appropriate accommodation taking into account the applicant’s disability-related needs.