Canadian Executive Search Group (USA), a division of Arrow Workforce Solutions, has an immediate opening for a Sr. Corporate Engineer for Beloit, WI
Location: Beloit, WI
Start: Hiring Immediately
Pay Rate: Up to $120k per Year
The Senior Corporate Engineer will work across and support all (7) metal manufacturing businesses portfolio to substantially improve productivity, quality, and safety. The job entails ensuring that all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes meet their technical and economic goals. This is a proactive position tasked with assisting the companies with implementing their own improvement activities, as well as individually identifying, analyzing, and implementing impactful process improvements and best practices. This may involve the introduction of new technology or machinery, redesigning existing process flows or sequences, reducing cycle time, reducing labor input, identifying and implementing automation opportunities, and reducing lead times The role will also afford opportunities to interface with key customers, both existing and new, to offer unique solutions leading to additional business.
- Manages the technical support services required to maintain or upgrade the physical plant, production equipment, engineering processes, and methods to facilitate production.
- Develops new or improved production processes or methods for the plant to create greater productivity. Studies are performed of production operations, data is gathered and analyzed, and recommendations for changed processes and methods are made, such as manpower realignment, work station layout, modification of equipment and simplified work procedures.
- Directs capital type projects from feasibility studies through design and ultimate implementation. These projects are evaluated by analyzing the available technology and equipment, determining the investment cost, the net present value, and need for the equipment. Examples of projects are new equipment, upgrading of physical plant, energy conservation, and environmental projects. The incumbent must stay abreast of the newest developments in the state-of-the-art technologies.
- Determines equipment and facility needs through working with leadership at each operating facility under the umbrella of companies. Contact is made with outside contractors and the competitive bidding process is used to secure equipment and/or services for the project. Projects are monitored from inception to conclusion.
- Implements measures designed to provide safe working conditions for plant personnel.
- Oversees an effective preventative maintenance program to ensure maximum equipment reliability.
- Oversees continuous improvement activities (i.e. TPM, 5S, Lean)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or combination of experience and education in a metal machining environment.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of related experience and five (5) years of supervisory or managerial experience.
- Excellent complex-part blueprint reading skills including GD&T.
- Proficiency with MS Office software including MS Project
- Demonstrated ability in solving technical problems related to manufacturing processes.
- Extensive experience with a variety of metal manufacturing processes including milling, turning, grinding, hobbing, shaping, broaching, and the application of robotics.
- Mechanical “hands-on” aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to manage capital projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work within project teams and to work with limited direction
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- ISO 9001:2015 and TS16949
- Experience in a manufacturing tier 1 or 2 off-road or automotive metal manufacturing company.
- Experience using SolidWorks or equivalent design software.
- Experience with preventative and predictive maintenance implementation.
- Experience with manufacturing welded stainless tube and/or stainless castings a plus.
For more information, contact [email protected] or call 248-740-1204 (M-F 9-5PM EST)