Canadian Executive Search Group (USA), a division of Arrow Workforce Solutions, has an immediate opening for Utilities Senior Engineer of Distribution located in the Orlando, Florida area.
Location: Orlando, Florida
Shift: Full-Time Day Shift
Start: ASAP – FULLTIME
Pay Rate: $40-60 HR + OT AVAILABLE
• This is a contract position with a 1 year term with potential for fulltime direct hire at end of term
Assist the Water Engineering Manager with engineering business goals and functions such as consultant and contractor procurement, agreements, and budgets. Ability to perform analyses to determine type, size, quantity, timing, and cost of long-range water system infrastructure improvements, including production, transmission, and distribution networks.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited too:
• Conceptualize, as well as design, estimate, procure, and manage Company-initiated water transmission and distribution system improvements.
• Coordinate with Water Production and Water Distribution Construction and Maintenance groups.
• Prepare engineering calculations and detailed reports required for specific permitting items such as engineering hydraulic analysis reports, comprehensive utility work schedules and selection of maintenance of traffic indexes
• Perform construction site visits to include inspecting actual conditions and coordinate with project-related construction personnel and customers
• Review and negotiate agreements for engineering services including scope of work and fee proposal
• Utilize internal documentation and software such as the Master Plan, Asset Management, and hydraulic model in order to develop this schedule and budget information
• Create billing and tracking documentation (Order Requisitions and Work Orders) in multiple internal software platforms (i.e. JD Edwards Enterprise 1 work orders management software)
• Provide the company inter-departmental assistance to groups such as Water Production, and Regulatory Compliance, relating to water quality, master planning, Consumptive Use Permit (CUP) compliance, and hydraulic modeling, etc.
• Prepare the company for participation in Joint Participation Agreements with local agencies in order to initiate simultaneous construction of water systems with other public utility projects such as roadway improvements, sewer, storm sewer and any other utilities when roadway restoration is required
• Perform computer simulation hydraulic model runs to determine pipe pressure and water quality analyses, long range planning, and periodic Insurance Services Organization Inc. (ISO) evaluations
• Attend seminars and conferences to develop knowledge; Perform Water System Analyses
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited college or university.
• Must have taken and passed Engineering Intern exam
• Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Water or related Engineering
• Certificates/Licenses to be completed within first year of hire: Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) Intermediate level
• Engineering plans, specifications, permit drawings, and surveys
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
• Familiarity with all, but not limited to, the following: Invoices and other Purchasing procurement, Computer simulation hydraulic model (InfoWater) and Software Applications (i.e. AutoCAD, purchasing procurement internal programs)
• Project management including budgeting, scheduling, and cost estimating
A background check and drug screen must be completed as part of the hiring process
Apply today for consideration by sending your resume to [email protected]