CES/AWS has an immediate opening for a Weld/Fabricator in Columbia, TN
- Location: Columbia, TN
- Schedule: 2nd shift 3:30 PM – 2 AM
- Salary: $21-$29/HR (DOE)
- Temp to Hire position
The welder is responsible for welding structural metal products using various equipment including welders, shears, grinders, ironworker, or plasma cutters, and for the maintenance of welding equipment.
- · Read blueprints & drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout for a specific job.
- · Prepare work via the use of grinders, calipers, rulers, and clamp pieces.
- · Operate manual and automated welding units in various positions (vertical, horizontal, etc.) according to job requirements
- · Fabricate new or replacement parts by reading blueprints and use of measuring devices.
- · Maintain length of the arc and speed of movement to form a specified depth of fusion and bead.
- · Examine weld for bead size and other specifications.
- · Grind or clean weld joint of workpiece.
- · Repair improperly welded pieces and fill holes.
- · Assemble component parts using hand and small power tools.
- · Maintain equipment and change hoses, fittings, air valves, suspension parts, etc. when required
- · Ensure efficient and timely processing of various job orders by organizing work to be performed according to complexity, materials used, anticipated completion time, etc.
- · Account for time and work completed via online computer terminal data collection system..
- · Comply with plant safety procedures to ensure a safe environment.
- · High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.)
- · Welding certificate highly preferred
Experience and Background:
- · 2 – 4 years of Steel & Aluminum Experience
- · Wire Feed welding, Fabrication with Welding & Layout
- · Mechanical with Hydraulics (preferred)
- · Comfortable using power tools, pneumatic wrenches, grinder; etc.
- · Desire to learn new skills and improve technical knowledge.
The majority of the job function is performed in a manufacturing environment requiring high safety precautions
Those interested are encouraged to send resumes directly to [email protected]