CES/AWS is looking for a Weld Technician for an Automotive Manufacturing client in the St. Thomas, Ontario area
Location: St Thomas, Ontario
Compensation: $32.29 – $35.01 + Full Benefits
- Post-secondary education – completion of Welding Technologist/Technician Course from a Community or recognized college consisting of two years or more such as Conestoga College or Northern College
- Some experience with manual Gas Metal Arc Welding.
- Practical experience with industrial robots.
- Understands PPAP requirements is an asset.
- Business Operating System.
- Quality System.
- Customer Specific Requirements.
- Welding Metallurgy.
- Basic GD&T.
- Fundamental NDE techniques.
- GMAW, Projection and Resistant Welding.
- Basic IATF 16949.
- Measuring equipment (micrometers, calipers, indicators and height gauges).
- AIAG Core Tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Support the WEC’s on new and existing programs.
- Troubleshoot Weld Systems and Robotic Equipment to resolve welding related issues.
- Generating and upkeep of welding-related documentation, and audit as required.
- Maintain a sound understanding of customers’ product and engineering specifications.
- Use technical understanding of the welding processes and weld quality standards to ensure that weld quality is being upheld to customer requirements.
- Complete shift report for Team regarding issues encountered on shift for communication and direction for following shifts.
- Support program launches in-house and off-site to ensure company’s Quality Standards are being met and in order to achieve optimal weld quality.
- Support pre-production buy-offs for welds when required.
- Buy off of the First-Off / Mid-Off processes, and set up verifications to ensure it is being done correctly.
- Establish, maintain and implement welding parameters to support production and Quality Assurance.
- Be an additional resource for Robotic weld touchups.
- Archiving and supporting Paxit system set up and training.
- Be dedicated to generating Weld PPAP packages when required
- Assist in problem investigation and root cause determination.
- Participate in Product, System and Process Audits, including CSRs, as required.
- Audit and approve Special Material Requests and reworked material when required.
- Assist in the training of production personnel in all weld quality requirements when required.
- Attend and / or Champion quality meetings when requested
- Take initiative to follow through on completion of tasks / projects, PCR’s and weld-related GROW ideas.
Those interested are encouraged to send resumes directly to [email protected]